Sunday, July 24, 2011

Oshila and Jared, Woodbridge, VA Wedding Photographer


Oshila and Jared were married at Harbour View in Woodbridge Virginia.  Oshila and I spoke quite a bit before her wedding, but we never actually met until the day of.  It meant a lot to me that she had confidence in my work without even meeting each other first. 




As soon as I arrived, I was welcomed by her, her sisters, mother and grandmother.  They were kind and welcoming.  After saying hello, I got to work on capturing Jared and Oshila's very special day.


Oshila's dress is one of my favorite dresses.  It's elegant yet simple allowing the bride to shine. 






Oshila's grandmother was so sweet to me.  At dinner she insisted many times that we have a meal and be taken care of.  She must have checked three times to make sure we ate.  She reminded me of my own grandmother.  Then as I left that evening she gave me a vase of flowers from the wedding.  It was hard to be gracious because I know that I am there to work but I could sense that it was important to her, a part of who she was.  The women in Oshila's family passed to each other a caring heart.  From Grandmother, to daughter to granddaughter. 



Here are some of my favorite portraits from Jared and Oshila's wedding.











Once we were done with the portraits, it was time for the party! 


Their cake was beautiful and kept with the theme of her dress, elegant simplicity.




Something that stood out to me at this wedding was Jared's parents, Tony and Cindy.  They were like a couple that just got married. They looked at each other with love and adoration, danced like it was their first and last dance.  You could see that their love has been lasting.  As I watched them, I wished the same everlasting love and admiration between Jared and Oshila.  I hope to one day see them at their children's wedding dancing just like these two.



The evening ended before we knew it but their life together has just begun.  Jared and Oshila, I wish you a successful journey through life and most importantly, your marriage.  Thank you for allowing me to capture such an important celebration of your love.

Vendors:



Disc Jockey: Sultan's DJ


Photographer: Reed's Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment