Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wedding at Colvin Run Mill, Great Falls VA

Lucky?  I'd say so.  First and foremost Jennifer married such a gentleman.  As I observed Thomas through the day you could just see that he is a kindhearted person.  What stuck out to me most was how great he is with children.  She was glowing and smiling all evening long.  After the wedding she emailed me that she didn't even see us during the vows.  I was about about twelve feet away from her the entire time.  I could have sworn she looked right at me and smiled.  It wasn't until later I realized she couldn't have stopped smiling if she wanted too.  Her smile was radiating from the inside out!  Here are a few photos of Jennifer during her vows taken by Tracy.



The second reason I consider Jennifer lucky is that she has a trait I wish I had.  She is savvy when it comes to planning a gorgeous wedding.  Jennifer and Tom got married at Colvin Run Mill.  It was gorgeous!  You can see here the mill in the background of the ceremony.



As we began their bride and groom session I asked Jennifer how she selected the site for her ceremony.  She told me that they had visited the park and loved it.  After inquiring further they found that because it was a public park they were able to hold the ceremony there free! 



I tend to get a little obsessed with the sunset in the fall.  Maybe because it's always so brilliant this time of year.  The image below is one of my favorites and I still haven't decided if it's because I love the shot or I love the challenge of obtaining it.








 This place was just loaded with gorgeous scenery!





I said in the beginning that Jennifer and Tom were lucky!  So here is one of the other many reasons.  They won their reception from a Facebook contest online!!!  That would never happen to me.  The reception was held at Courtyard Marriott Tysons Corner in VA.  Here are a few images from the reception.  This is the link to their blog.  Events at Tyson's Corner Courtyard Marriott




Well, I could blog on and on but it's past midnight and I think my husband would appreciate "lights out" for the night...well...day now!


No comments:

Post a Comment